SAGY aims at instilling certain values in the villages and their people so that they get transformed into models for others.
The goal of Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is to translate this comprehensive and organic vision of Mahatma Gandhi into reality, keeping in view the present context.
The main objectives of SAGY are:
- To trigger processes which lead to holistic development of the identified Gram Panchayats
- To substantially improve the standard of living and quality of life of all sections of the population through –
- improved basic amenities
- higher productivity
- enhanced human development
- better livelihood opportunities
- reduced disparities
- access to rights and entitlements
- wider social mobilization
- enriched social capital
- To generate models of local level development and effective local governance which can motivate and inspire neighbouring Gram Panchayats to learn and adapt
- To nurture the identified Adarsh Grams as schools of local development to train other Gram Panchayats
Details of GPs selected in 4th phase.
|S.No||Name of the member||Constituency||District||Block||Gram Panchayat|
|1||Sh. Tirath Singh Rawat (Lok Sabha)||Pauri||Pauri||Thailisaain||Sirtoli|
|2||Sh. Ajay Bhatt(Lok Sabha)||USN-Nainital||Nainital||Bhimtal||Jangaliya Gaon|
|3||Sh. Ajay Tamta (Lok Sabha)||Almora||Almora||Takula||Sunoli|
|4||Smt. Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah (Lok Sabha)||Tehri Garhwal||Dehradun||Raipur||Kyara|
|Contact to||Contact Person|
|State DRDA Cell, Department of Rural Development. Uttarakhand||Joint Directoremail@example.com|